Jacqueline HALL (1986)
– Born on July 13th
– Age 9.
Jacqueline’s mother realises
her daughters singing and yodelling talent and with enquiries
was led to a band leader “Len Bell”. She started to perform in a
series of charity shows and was soon working in radio with Len
Bell and his band. Radio – 2WL – 2KY – 2UE and 2SM. Also the Reg
Lindsay Radio Show.
– Entered and won the Silver Cup Award at Mick Toblin’s Albert
1952 – 1953
– Her popularity increased and in strong demand for public
She then won her segment on
Dick Fair’s “Amateur Hour” in Corrimal.
– Age 11, Jacqueline was a regular on “Sunset Trail” radio show
heard Australia wide.
time Jacqueline’s mother remarried a major showbiz promoter
– Age 12, Jacqueline was chosen to represent
on the national radio show “Top
During this time she did the
Western Suburbs Club circuit with Alan Neaves and guitarist Pat
Ware but mainly with “Ted Quigg”.
– She cut her first four sided record for Regal Zonophone.
Recorded again in 1955, 1956
and 1958, 12 sides in all.
– Age 18, Toured with Reg Lindsay Show.
She was to tour for two months
but stayed two years.
During the tour she became
close to Kevin King and wife Pat.
Later she married Pat’s
– Jacqueline averaged two to three Club shows a week.
the age of 23 Jacqueline had enough of showbiz.
From a young age she really did not like to Yodel it
embarrassed her although she liked to sing.
She worked constantly and hard from the age of 10 to
Her heart was never really in showbiz and she wanted
to settle down and have children.
Jacqueline retired she has not sung since only around